Dirty Little Secrets
Laura Shwahla, LCSW (Licenses Clinical Social Worker)
70 S MAIN ST CRANBURY, NJ 08512-3140 US
THE EXPERT: SUSAN TROMBETTI, CEO OF EXCLUSIVE MATCHMAKING; www.exclusivematchmaking.net
Let’s look at some of the most common secrets men and women keep.
WOMEN’S SECRETS: Redbook.com reported the following:
- Spending more on clothing than we actually admit.
SUSAN: I think women fib about this all the time. They don’t tell their husband’s how much they are spending on their Jimmy Choos, clothing, and the whole gamut.
- Spending time thinking about sex.
- Being nervous about commitment.
- Telling someone you like their haircut, even if you don’t.
SUSAN: Women do this one all the time, and then they chat with their girlfriends: “Did you see what she did to her hair?” or “Oh my god, I couldn’t believe her dress.”
- Telling your partner that you ran into an ex.
- Faking an orgasm
MEN’S SECRETS: According to YourTango.com include the following:
- Sex is really important. SUSAN: I think it isn’t nearly as important as magazines make it out to be for men, unless they are having it. The secret is that they hear these statistics, and it doesn’t ring true for them, and they wouldn’t dare admit that they aren’t thinking about sex, especially when the magazines and statistics are suggesting that they are. Instead, they lie and pretend just to be what they think is “normal.”
- Men don’t feel as romantic if we’re nagging - leaving the toilet seat up, not picking up after themselves.
- Men don’t like women’s entertainment, but would watch it for sex. SUSAN: I agree. They hate those girlie movies, but watch them for the woman because it gets them points. The Real Housewives is the exception. They like that entertainment because it’s a train wreck and they get sucked in as well.
- When women say they want to sit down and talk, men hear “I’m pissed…” because women never want to talk about what men want to talk about - cartoons, stoner movies, action movies, motorcycles, South Park, sports, firearms, the Simpsons, and ESPN!
Let us know what you think! Do you agree?