EXPERT: Susan Trombetti, Exclusive Matchmaking
ODD COUPLES: What makes these relationships work?
- AN OLDER MAN / YOUNGER WOMAN Most of the time, money and influence can be the great equalizer when trading for looks and youth. Sometimes they want the same things and age isn’t a problem. In this case, Michael Douglas was willing to start a family and Catherine was ready. She likes older men according to Michael, so all is well that ends well except for their recent marital strife. They have certainly been married a long time by Hollywood standards.
- AN OLDER WOMAN AND A YOUNGER MAN… (We may show a picture of DEMI MOORE / ASHTON KUTCHER OR KATHY GRIFFIN AND RANDY BICK / JENNIFER LOPEZ AND CASPAR SMART) Looks like they work for at least the shorter term. In this case, we are talking women celebs that have greater influence and power than the guys. They are trading it for youth and probably sex. It works for both.
- THE ODD PERSON WHO IS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING UNREASONABLE (THEY THINK THEY LOOK YOUNGER THAN THEY DO; THEY THINK THEY ARE TRENDY, UP-TO-DATE, AND THEY ARE NOT…) In matchmaking, it’s all about what they actually have. Do they have money, influence, and power? Notice those are key points. Reality can be hard for some people to grasp. I would say if they are the average person, they will continue to search unsuccessfully until they figure it out which might be never. If they use a matchmaker, we tell them. If they don’t believe it, we give them what they want and let the date’s feedback stand on it’s own. It’s not pretty, but it’s tough love.
- WHAT ABOUT THE GUY OR GIRL WHO WANTS SOMEONE IN THEIR LIFE, BUT ALSO WANTS THE OPTION FOR A THREESOME… HOW DO YOU HANDLE THAT? That is a black and white issue. Either you are into that in a relationship or not. It is something to find out before it is too late or you will waste valuable time with someone who is not “the one” . There is no in-between when it comes to threesomes…so to speak
- AT ONE POINT HOMOSEXUALITY WAS NOT ACCEPTED AT ALL - WHAT IF YOU ARE THE ODD BALL AND THE PUBLIC IS SHUNNING YOU… WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO MANAGE THAT… Stay true to who you are. As long as you are not hurting anyone…that is all that matter. Forget the public. If you are a true to yourself and kind, then true friends and lovers will gravitate to you.